Alina Davis, a 23-year-old trans woman, and Allison Brooks, her 19-year-old partner, donned matching white floor-length bridal gowns and married at a civil registry office earlier this month.
As Davis is still legally regarded as male, the office had no choice but to hand them a marriage certificate.
The couple said officials chided them, and appeared to be violent.
‘She called us the shame of the family and said we need medical treatment … I was afraid my pussycat [an affectionate pet name in Russian] would beat the fuck out of her,’ Davis said on her VK page.
But the couple were allowed to sign the papers, meaning a gay couple in Russia are legally recognized as married – even if it’s through a loophole.
‘This is an important precedent for Russia,’ Davis said.
Russia banned same-sex marriage and outlawed ‘gay propaganda’ in 2013.
holy jesus look at these two warrior princesses
they are my heroes
YOU GO GIRLS
"Oh, you don’t wanna recognize my gender? Okay then lol guess you have to recognize my marriage"
that is amazing
YOG AA Podium
Seda Tutkhalyan 54.900
Flavia Saraiva 54.700
Elissa Downie 54.150
Simone Biles and Jordan Chiles win the senior and junior all-around, respectfully, at the 2014 Secret US Classic.
So, this happened during the USA vs Germany game last Thursday, and this is what I have to say…
- you have 5 dual national German-Americans on your team. Remember that when you insult half their identity.
- using the hashtag ‘#backtobackworldwarchamps’ does not make you funny. It may make you feel better, but it also makes you look incredible stupid.
- Germans are aware of their past. They are constantly battling with the actions of their ancestors. Many have little to no “Nationalstolz” (national pride) because they have seen where blind trust and loyalty can lead, and therefore may be proud of individual moments or specific things like their Fußball team, but not necessarily of “Germany” as a whole. (For a concrete example: In America, I see US flags everywhere- on front porches, in front of many business buildings, and schools, and on the lapels of politicians– it’s an everyday thing. The only German flags I would see during my day in Germany are at the Parliament building and now as a few fans stumble home after watching a Fußball game.)
- Not all Germans living during WW2 were Nazis, just like not all US citizens supported the invasion of Iraq.
- Please stop making such stupid comments. Support your team, yes, and wave your flag and go ahead and hate on the German team itself, but believe me- Germans hate on themselves enough without you making tasteless comments about their past.
Thanks. Feel free to send me an ask if you want to talk about it– whether or not you agree, I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Just an appreciation post for some really amazing women of color that are incredible athletes.
This has nothing to do about Fitness, but I’m also a big soccer Fan and Real Madrid supporter. A family contacted C.
Ronaldo and asked him for a signed Jersey which they could sell to make enough many for their son’s brain surgery. Ronaldo decided that a jersey is not enough and paid for everything the boy needed.
When I watched the game, I was like ‘Oh my gosh, what did he do to his hair?’ Now that I know the reason why he did it I feel so bad for judging him. This should teach all of us a lesson! Don’t judge anyone, you just know their names not their stories. Faith in humanity restored, respect Ronaldo, not only one of the best soccer players but also a Star with heart, that’s rare nowadays.
He seriously doesn’t deserve the shit he gets.
In addition to essentially inventing the computer, Alan Turing also broke the German Enigma Code during World War II which paved the way for the D-Day invasion. The man was a hyper-genius. I’ve read descriptions of his work by mathematical physicist Sir Roger Penrose. He’s been a hero of mine ever since.
The level of thought required to come up with the stuff he came up with is totally beyond my comprehension. I actually did not even know about his orientation until much later. He was prosecuted and ordered to undergo chemical castration. Soon thereafter, he committed suicide by eating a cyanide-laced apple.
The government forced him to take estrogen as a punishment (or “cure”?). He began to develop breasts and other side effects.
He committed suicide by biting into a cyanide laced apple. This is supposedly the inspiration for the name/logo of Apple computers.
and old Apple computers
the apple was a rainbow
Reblogging again because more people need to know about Turing dammit.
I hope no one missed out on this scene. At first glance, it looks like Yuzuru borrowed a Japanese flag from someone in the audience. It wasn’t as simple as that. Yuzuru quickly realizes that the person he borrowed the flag from was a fan of Tatsuki with a gift in her hand. He tells Tatsuki after taking the picture to give back the flag. Tatsuki realizes why when he starts skating towards the group of ladies. The fan was able to give Tatsuki the gift in person.